2020 YAMAHA YZ450 FX
- YZ450F-Based GNCC/Hare Scrambles Focused Racer
The YZ450FX is developed from Yamaha’s flagship motocross model—the YZ450F—with many added features and unique settings that make the YZ450FX the ultimate GNCC/Woods racer.
- Yamaha Power Tuner App
Yamaha’s exclusive Power Tuner app puts the flexibility and precision tunability of the GYTR Power Tuner into your smartphone. Make fueling and ignition timing changes instantly and upload them to the bike for the ultimate in track-side tuning.
- Adjustable Engine Mapping
A handlebar-mounted map switch allows the rider to quickly select between preloaded engine maps—loaded and configured in the Power Tuner app—to account for changing track and weather conditions.
- Electric Starter System
Utilizing a compact starter motor and ultra-lightweight lithium battery, the YZ450FX maintains the convenience of push-button starting, for effortless restarts under pressure, and relaxed riding when the clock isn’t ticking.
- Potent Fuel-Injected Engine
A high-compression cylinder head, forged piston, aggressive cam profiles, cylinder geometry and much more work together to give riders the ideal power spread in challenging GNCC racing conditions.
- Class-Leading Suspension
Yamaha uses KYB spring-type forks on all of our YZ models, with industry leading function and easy set-up at the track—these forks are ready for the top step of the podium straight out of the box.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 97.0mm × 60.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.8:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni fuel injection, 44mm
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21 Dunlop MX3S
- Tires / Rear: 120/90-18 Dunlop MX3S
- L x W x H: 85.6 in x 32.5 in x 50.0 in
- Seat Height: 37.6 in
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.2°
- Trail: 4.6 in
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 12.6 in
- Fuel Capacity: 2.2 gal
- Wet Weight: 256 lb