New styling retains Suzuki’s original rally-beak look with a stacked, rectangular LED headlight while paying homage to past Dakar Rally bikes and the DR-Big large-displacement DualSport.
The 1037cc, V-twin engine has more horsepower than ever before but retains its strong pull in the lower-rpm range and good fuel economy while complying with worldwide emissions standards.
New features include Ride-by-Wire dual electronic throttle assemblies, cruise control, two-level adjustable ABS**, traction control with four sensitivity modes, a three-mode Drive Mode Selector, and the Easy Start System that makes start-ups quick and easy.
An all-new, multifunction instrument panel presents all required information on a full LCD screen using a clean and intuitive layout with information displayed in order of priority.
Take the gear you need and ride in comfort with Suzuki’s quick-release, aluminum pannier set, heated handgrips, and a set of LED fog lamps.
The updated, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 1037cc, 90-degree V-twin engine delivers more horsepower with the same level of torque and fuel economy while achieving worldwide emissions requirements.
The perfect primary balance provided by the 90-degree L-twin design negates the need for any balancer shafts or rubber mounting, as the engine has smooth power pulses.
The new, higher compression pistons were engineered with the use of FEM analysis to achieve ideal rigidity, weight, and improved durability.
The new pistons move within Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)–plated cylinder bores that are integrated into the upper crankcase for low weight, increased durability, reduced friction, and excellent heat dissipation.
Both the exhaust and intake camshafts are changed so valve lift is increased and the valve-timing has less overlap to boost engine power while reducing fuel consumption.
The engine features a new Ride-by-Wire throttle system that is simpler, lighter, and more compact than the previous mechanical throttle. Each cylinder is fed by a larger bore electronic-controlled throttle body (49mm compared to 45mm of the previous model).
Each throttle body has a single butterfly valve that is opened and closed by its own independent motor for precise throttle control. Since the Ride-by-Wire system does not use mechanical cables, the throttle feel to the rider is light, smooth, and linear. With no cables connected to the throttle grip, installation of a Suzuki accessory heated grip set is simplified.
Each cylinder has a 10-hole fuel injector, located downstream of the throttle body on the intake manifold, that creates good fuel atomization for superior combustion efficiency and low fuel consumption.
The Engine Control Module (ECM) has a faster processor and new programming to efficiently operate the fuel-injection system, Ride-by-Wire throttle bodies, ignition, cruise control, and other electrical features on the V-STROM 1050XT Adventure.
The transistorized digital ignition system independently fires the dual spark plugs in each cylinder head for more complete combustion by igniting the mixture at the ideal moment.
Twin iridium-type spark plugs are used in the Dual Spark Plug System to deliver a more condensed and hotter spark, yet they last longer than conventional plugs.
The Suzuki Easy Start System allows the rider to easily start the engine with a single, momentary press of the starter button. In any weather conditions or with any engine temperature, there is no need to hold down the starter button until the engine fires. Easy Start is managed by the ECM so that the starter motor automatically stops once the engine has started.
The V-STROM includes Automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC), which maintains a stable engine idle under all conditions.
The ISC is key to the V-STROM’s Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during takeoff and low-speed riding to smooth the power delivery and to help reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
The refined, single-silencer exhaust configuration reduces weight and has a lower center of gravity to aid handling, maneuverability, and luggage mounting.
The V-STROM’s exhaust is updated with a new, higher-efficiency catalyzer to achieve an effective level of emission control while providing good flow to match the improved engine performance.
Matched to the efficient exhaust, the Suzuki Pulsed Secondary Air Injection (PAIR) system injects fresh air into the exhaust ports to satisfy a variety of US and international emission standards without sacrificing performance.
The V-STROM’s radiator has 15% increased cooling capacity to accommodate the higher engine output. Coolant temperature is stabilized via a thermostatically controlled cooling fan.
A new, liquid-cooled oil cooler is located where the oil filter is attached to the engine. This new cooler takes up less space and is both lightweight and compact, providing lower temperature lubrication for the more powerful engine.
The output of the six-speed, close-ratio transmission is managed by the Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS). This system works like a slipper clutch by allowing a small amount of clutch slip to enable smooth downshifts. It also works as an assist clutch, making the clutch lever pull light and precise.
To accent the engine, a new bronze finish was applied to the cylinder head covers, clutch cover, magneto cover, and water pump case for a striking contrast with the black crankcase.
Advanced Electronics Features
Integrated into the 2020 V-STROM 1050XT Adventure is the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.) that includes the updated Motion Track Anti-lock** and Combination Brake System, Hill Hold Control System, Slope Dependent Control System, and Load Dependent Control System that assists braking performance in a variety of conditions.
Ready for adventure, S.I.R.S. also includes a new cruise control system and Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS), and an updated Traction Control System*. Each element of S.I.R.S. provides V-STROM 1050XT Adventure riders stress-free use and convenience during long-distance adventures, commuting, or pleasure riding.
CAN (Controller Area Network) Technology
• Key to the operation of S.I.R.S., the V-STROM 1050XT Adventure employs an interconnected information network instead of a conventional wiring harness.
• Because it requires fewer wires, this CAN-wiring lets the vehicle be lighter and simpler, and provides a way for the advanced components – such as the cruise control – on the motorcycle to have faster data transmission with the ECM.
• The CAN-wiring also provides a single location for diagnosing any errors that may occur throughout the entire network.
Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)
• Also essential to S.I.R.S., the V-STROM 1050XT Adventure’s new IMU measures six directions of movement along three axis (as compared to the five directions measured by the previous system). The IMU detects pitch, roll, and yaw movement based on the motorcycle’s position, movement, and acceleration.
• The new high-performance six-direction IMU is supplied by Bosch and also combines a three-axis angular rate sensor (gyrometer) and a three-axis acceleration sensor in a single compact unit.
Cruise Control System
• This new cruise control system maintains the selected road speed without the rider having to hold the throttle open – a welcome feature for long-distance riding that can reduce rider fatigue.
• The new V-STROM 1050XT Adventure’s array of features and technology, such as the new Ride-by-Wire throttle system and the ECM, permit the addition of this easy-to-use cruise control.
• Cruising speed can be set from approximately 30 MPH to 100 MPH in fourth gear or higher. A button on the right handlebar control can be pressed to put cruise control into standby, and a rocker-style selector switch on the left handlebar control lets the rider adjust the speed up or down. Cruise control function icons and indicators are located on the new instrument panel.
Motion Track Anti-lock and Combination Brake System (ABS)
• The updated Motion Track Anti-lock** and Combination Brake System combines IMU-measured, spatial information of the motorcycle’s posture in conjunction with front and rear wheel speeds. This allows the ABS** to not only activate in a straight line but also when the vehicle is leaning or turning.
• Riders can now choose between two levels of ABS activation sensitivity. ABS function and modes are displayed on the new multifunction instrument panel.
• ABS mode 2 provides more anti-lock brake intervention than Mode 1.
• The ABS system cannot be switched off – it is always active.
Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS)
• The V-STROM 1050XT Adventure includes a new, three-mode S-DMS system that lets the rider select the engine’s power delivery characteristic to match riding ability and conditions. Working in concert with the Traction Control System*, S-DMS permits peak power in each mode while changing the nature of the power delivery.
• A Mode – provides sharp throttle response.
• B Mode – provides a moderate throttle response.
• C Mode – provides the softest throttle response of the three modes.
Traction Control System
• Suzuki debuted its first motorcycle Traction Control System* on the 2014 V-Strom 1000, and the new four-mode system on the 2020 V-STROM 1050XT Adventure lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence by limiting rear wheel spin in a variety of riding conditions.
• The Traction Control System* continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and transmission gear. It quickly reduces engine output when it detects wheel spin by adjusting ignition timing and air delivery.
• The rider can select one of four modes (1, 2, 3 and OFF). The three modes differ in terms of rear wheel spin sensitivity.
• Mode 1 is the lowest sensitivity – it allows a certain degree of rear wheel spin and is best suited for good road conditions.
• Mode 2 is a moderate sensitivity level – the system engages traction control sooner than Mode 1 and is for average road conditions.
• Mode 3 is the highest sensitivity level – the system engages traction control sooner and is for poor road conditions, like wet and cold surfaces.
• OFF disengages all traction control features – the rider has sole control of the engine’s throttle and any resulting rear wheel spin.
Hill Hold Control System
• When stopping upward on a hill and applying the brakes, this system automatically operates the rear brake for around 30 seconds to prevent the motorcycle from rolling back down the hill even if the rider releases the brake lever or pedal. This allows the rider to focus on a smoother takeoff when on the hill side.
• When the rider releases the brake lever or foot pedal, the ECM detects the rider’s intention to ride forward and releases the rear brake pressure smoothly.
• The rider can also disengage the Hill Hold System by squeezing the front brake lever twice or use the left handlebar control and the instrument panel with the system off.
Slope Dependent Control System
• The new Slope Dependent Control System constantly monitors the posture of the vehicle even when the vehicle is traveling downhill. When the rider operates a brake lever or pedal when riding downhill, the electronic control unit adjusts brake pressure to prevent rear wheel lift.
Load Dependent Control System
• This system helps the rider to achieve optimal braking in response to the load on the motorcycle (passenger and/or cargo).
• Through continual measurement of IMU information and hydraulic brake pressure, the system constantly learns about braking deceleration as the load’s weight increases or decreases when riding with cargo or a passenger.
• The system retains this information to improve braking performance as the load on the motorcycle increases.
The 2020 V-STROM 1050XT Adventure’s trim, distinctive styling incorporates elements of both Suzuki’s legendary DR-Z Dakar racer and the large DualSport DR-Big. Since its introduction by Suzuki, the characteristic off-road beak design combines with a vertically stacked LED headlight with a unique rectangular shape. The headlight effectively illuminates the road surfaces and surrounding areas so the rider has an excellent view of what’s ahead.
The new height-adjustable windscreen was developed through extensive wind-tunnel testing to reduce wind noise and buffeting to the rider. The windscreen can be adjusted by hand to 11 different positions within a two-inch height range.
A mounting bar just below the rider’s eye level is part of the windscreen mount, providing a good place to position accessories like a GPS for navigation.
The new, higher riser and large-diameter tapered handlebar provides the rider good steering control while promoting a distinctive off-road appearance. The lightweight, high-strength handlebar also damps vibration to the rider.
The handlebars have handguards with large damper weights for ergonomic comfort and reduced vibration.
The newly designed mirrors improve the rear view for the rider while matching the V-STROM 1050XT Adventure’s new styling.
Both the clutch and front brake levers have adjustment knobs so the rider can quickly set the levers to a comfortable reach. The shifter and rear brake pedal can also be adjusted to the rider’s preference.
The new wider foot rests help the rider maneuver the motorcycles on different types of road. Rubber inserts damp vibration to the rider but can be removed for a good connection while standing on the pegs.
The V-STROM’s advanced chassis is the foundation of a compact, lightweight adventure-ready package that provides comfort and enjoyment for a variety of riders.
The fuel tank has a generous 5.3-gallon capacity and its shape and protective cover have been designed for a slim tank-and-seat junction for rider comfort.
The new, two-piece seat provides separate comfort for the rider and passenger. The rider’s section is height-adjustable (20mm higher option).
The sides of the seats are covered with high-grip texture material to help the rider and passenger stay connected to the motorcycle.
The slender chassis, thanks to the narrow V-twin engine design, fuel tank, and trim seat, helps the rider’s legs reach the ground more easily than other models in the class.
A V-Strom legacy is its durable, twin-spar aluminum frame that balances weight and rigidity for optimal handling on all types of roads.
The 43mm KYB inverted front fork provides a sporty, yet plush ride in diverse conditions. The fork legs have adjustable spring preload plus compression and rebound-damping force adjusters.
Movement of the cast aluminum swingarm is controlled by a single rear shock with remote, hydraulic spring preload adjustment so adjusting for cargo or a passenger takes just seconds. The single-shock, link-style rear suspension also features rebound-damping force adjustment.
Tokico Monoblock, four-piston front brake calipers are mated with 310mm floating-mount dual discs. These efficient calipers are connected to the Motion Track Anti-lock** and Combination Brake System for strong stopping performance.
Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41 tires are fitted to D.I.D-supplied spoke-style wheels with aluminum, tubeless-style wheel rims.
Ready for mounting auxiliary lights, or reducing damage in a tip over, a sturdy accessory bar is included with the V-STROM 1050XT Adventure.
An aluminum under cowling, with a smooth finish and alumite treatment, shields the front of the engine from mud and other debris.
A sure-footed center-stand is a standard feature on the V-STROM 1050XT Adventure to help the rider when servicing the motorcycle or loading luggage.
Included are Suzuki’s ADV-style, 37-liter aluminum panniers that attach to powder-coated, stainless steel carriers. Fashioned out of 1.5mm thick aluminum plates with super-strong, no-pierce rivet technology, these rugged panniers offer a number of features, including hinged lids that stay in place when open, internal and external tie-down points, plus keyed stainless steel latches and quick-release hardware. Built to be waterproof with rubber-sealing lids, these panniers have powder-coated interiors that avoid aluminum stains on cargo.
The V-STROM 1050XT Adventure features an all-new, multifunction instrument panel that presents all required information on a full Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) screen using a clean and intuitive layout with information displayed in order of priority.
• Included in the LCD display are the speedometer, tachometer (full pixel digital display), gear position indicator, odometer, dual trip meters, instantaneous fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, driving range, fuel level indicator, engine coolant temperature indicator, ambient air temperature indicator, clock, voltage meter, service reminder, S-DMS mode, and traction control mode.
• The instrument panel also displays information about the V-STROM 1050XT Adventure’s special features such as the cruise control, Hill Hold System, Slope Dependent Control System, Load Dependent System, and the Motion Track Anti-lock** and Combination Brake System’s two levels of ABS sensitivity.
• Around the perimeter of the LCD are LED indicators that include the neutral indicator light, high beam indicator light, turn signal indicator light, traction control alert icon, ABS alert icon, and freeze indicator icon. This alert, together with the air temperature display, warns of possible icy road conditions.
• The rider can use the instrument panel display and the rocker switch on the left handlebar control to change the menu and rider-aid settings.
• The left handlebar switch can also reset the trip meters plus raise and lower the road speed when the cruise control is being used.
The charging system uses a durable, three-phase stator with an open-style regulator/rectifier that reduces mechanical drag and heat while producing higher output at lower engine speeds. A high-capacity, maintenance-free style battery and fuses are easily accessible under the rider’s seat.
A new USB-type accessory slot is conveniently located to the left of the instrument panel. This fused slot is ideal for powering a GPS unit or charging mobile devices.
A new SAE 12-volt DC socket is located under the passenger seat. This convenient outlet can be used to charge or power a range of electrical devices.
The V-STROM 1050XT Adventure’s fairing features a new stacked, rectangular LED headlight for excellent road and trail illumination while matching the Dakar Rally bike styling.
The rear tail and brake light is an LED type with a clear lens that offers high visibility, low electrical draw, and excellent durability.
The V-STROM 1050XT Adventure has new, lightweight and low-draw LED turn signals that are brighter than the signals used on the prior V-Strom models.
Standard are Suzuki’s heated handgrips that have multilevel heat adjustment that can be operated via the rider’s thumb (without removing hands from the handlebar).
The V-STROM 1050XT Adventure also includes a set of Suzuki’s new LED fog lamps that provide additional road illumination and motorcycle visibility to other traffic while drawing less watts as compared to conventional lights.
A wide variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for V-STROM 1050XT Adventure owners are available, including a matching aluminum top case, high- and low-profile seats, auxiliary lights, and a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
Additional lock tumblers that match the bike’s ignition key are included, so you can add Suzuki accessory luggage and have the convenience of one-key operation***.
Suzuki 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
*The Traction Control System is not a substitute for the rider’s throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Traction control cannot prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
**Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
The KATANA’s iconic style lives in a new sportbike with modern style, stellar engine performance, nimble handling, and great ergonomics.
Fuel-injected, 999cc, GSX-R-based engine features a throttle control mechanism that smooths the power delivery for a stimulating sportbike experience.
Using a design similar to the GSX-R1000R, the KATANA’s Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) drive line smooths shifting and engine braking.
Suzuki Advanced Traction Control* lets the rider select sensitivity on the fly so engine power to the rear wheel matches road conditions.
Twin-spar aluminum frame and fully adjustable KYB-supplied suspension deliver controlled handling.
Dual floating front brake rotors and Brembo Monobloc brake calipers, plus an Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)*, deliver controlled stopping power. Recent refinements, such as new front brake hoses, yield improved stopping performance with better feel at the lever.
NOW WITH SPECIAL FINANCING. ASK ABOUT OUR 3.95% FOR 60 MONTHS AND OTHER OPTIONS TOO. UPON APPROVAL**
THE ORIGINAL ICON:
Iconic 1966 W1 heritage runs deep in the all-new 2019 Kawasaki W800 CAFE retro motorcycle. The spirit of the original W1 has inspired the inception of such legendary machines as the Kawasaki Z1 and Ninja H2™. Preserving the authenticity of the W1, the W800 CAFE has been modernized for trailblazers who prefer to ride to the throaty roar of timeless performance. The W800 CAFE pays homage to the original icon with café-racer styling while incorporating modern technology and handling. Ride in comfort with a clubman-style handlebar and a two-person café seat while a café-racer front cowl completes the retro racer image.
STOCK # 100859
The KATANA’s iconic style lives in a new sportbike with modern style, stellar engine performance, nimble handling, and great ergonomics.
Fuel-injected, 999cc, G... Read More