2019 YAMAHA KODIAK 450 4WD RED
- Engine Type: 421cc liquid-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 84.5mm x 75.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 34mm
- Transmission: Ultramatic V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
- Final Drive: On-Command selectable 2WD or 4WD; shaft
- Suspension / Front: Independent double wishbone; 6.7-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Independent double wishbone; 7.4-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: Multi-disk wet brake
- Tires / Front: AT25 x 8-12
- Tires / Rear: AT25 x 10-12
- L x W x H: 80.1 in x 46.5 in x 45.7 in
- Seat Height: 33.7 in
- Wheelbase: 48.8 in
- Turning Radius: 126.0 in
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 9.6 in
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal
- Wet Weight: 637 lb
- Rack Capacity: 88 lb front / 176 lb rear
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb
- Ultramatic® and On-Command®
Kodiak 450® brings Yamaha’s renowned combination of the industry’s most durable automatic transmission—Ultramatic—with the rider-centric control and traction of On-Command selectable 4WD. The result is outstanding capability with the confidence to get you through the most challenging terrain and back again.
With standard full-length skidplates, nearly 10 inches of ground clearance and independent double wishbone suspension with adjustable shocks, Kodiak 450 is ready to tackle rough terrain without breaking a sweat—and with the sort of rider comfort that makes long rides a blast, too.
- Compact Chassis
Unlike many middleweight utility ATVs, Kodiak 450 isn’t just a smaller engine under a full-size body. Yamaha built the Kodiak 450 from the ground up to give riders a compact chassis for precise handling and maneuverability on the trail.
- Roomy Ergonomics
To ensure that riders of all sizes can make the most of Kodiak 450, the ergonomics were designed for maximum flexibility. Riders large and small have room to move around thanks to a long, comfortable seat and wide floorboards. The Kodiak 450 handlebar bend is shaped for riders of various heights, to improve comfort for any rider.
- Real-World Tough
Like all Yamaha ATVs and side-by-sides, Kodiak 450 uses a range of features to improve durability and serviceability, from the tool-less air filter design and oil drain ports, to the high-mounted air intakes and marine-grade electrical connectors.